The Adoptions Together therapists have many years of expertise in child development, family dynamics, attachment, trauma, neurobehavioral conditions, and adoption related issues. Each of our licensed, master’s level therapists will ensure that your family your family receives the most professional and specialized care available. When you call or email for services, you will be connected with a Counseling Coordinator who will match you with a therapist, in your geographical area, to best meet your needs.
- Allie Perez, Permanency SpecialistAllie joined the DC site of Adoptions Together as a staff member in Summer 2015. Allie applies her knowledge of neurobiology and child development, attachment, mindfulness practices, and the lifelong process of adoption to provide education and support for adoptive and pre-adoptive families in building and/or strengthening their relationships. Allie has particular interest and training in expressive therapies ranging from child-centered play therapy and theraplay to sand therapy. As a former preschool teacher in a DC charter school, Allie has experience providing social-emotional support to young children and their families as well as support for parents in educational advocacy for their children. In her spare time, Allie is a novice yoga practitioner and pop culture/film fanatic.
- Carey Tompkins, LICSW, LCSW-C, Clinical Counseling SupervisorCarey is the Clinical Counseling Supervisor at Adoptions Together’s (AT) DC Counseling Center and Post Permanency Family Center (PPFC). Carey provides clinical supervision to Counseling Center Therapists and graduate MSW interns; and is a Nationally Rostered Child Parent Psychotherapy Supervisor and Clinician. Additionally, Carey has over 15 years of experience as a training professional in both corporate and clinical settings. As both an adoptee and an adoptive mother of two children from Ukraine, Carey is uniquely qualified to understand the needs and challenges of the families she works with. Her attachment-based and trauma-informed clinical work provides valuable insight and content for her professional trainings. Carey delivers trainings domestically and internationally for Adoptions Together.
- Cynthia Cubbage, LCSW-C , Director of Community Partnerships and Permanency SpecialistCynthia has 19 years of experience dedicated to serving children and families through non-profit work and county government agencies. She has provided individual, group, and family psychotherapy with extensive experience with clients who present with depression, attachment challenges, anxiety, self-injurious behavior, ADHD, sexual abuse, complex trauma, emotional dysregulation and sensory integration challenges, and intergenerational/intercultural family issues. She has held leadership positions that involve child advocacy efforts, analyzing public local policies, developing innovative programming for youth/children. Her passion and interest focus on working with transracial/transcultural adoptive families, birth parents and aging-out youth in the foster care system. She has provided trainings nationally and internationally on adoption issues and has worked as a team developing adoption competent publications and therapeutic materials. Cynthia and her wife are parents by adoption of two children.
- Erica Moltz, MA, NCC, Master Clinical Trainer and Permanency SpecialistErica is a Master Clinical Trainer and Permanency Specialist has been part of the Adoptions Together team for 20 years to support families to achieve permanency, build the bonds of attachment and help their children heal from trauma As a Master Clinical Trainer, she also facilitates workshops for parents and professionals in the US and internationally about trauma, attachment, FASD, stress management, mindfulness, and adoption and foster care.
- Angela White, LICSW, LCSW-C, Permanency Specialist Angela holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology from Hampton University and a Master’s degree in Social Work from The University of Maryland, Baltimore. Angela is trained in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), and Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT). Angela has experience working with individuals, couples, and families specializing in trauma, depression, anxiety, and family conflict.
- Binley Taylor, LGSW, Permanency SpecialistBinley provides psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and families, with a particular focus on relational dynamics within the family unit. Prior to joining Adoptions Together, Binley served as a Foster Families Clinical Social Worker at Father Flanagan’s Boy Home (Boys Town). Binley’s work as a therapist reflects his belief that a working understanding of attachment, trauma, and brain development and knowledge about the core issues associated with adoption, are critical for helping families.