Adoptions Together Provides Supportive Services for Families Adopting Children from Overseas
Adoption Together’s mission is to build healthy lifelong family connections for every child and advocate for continuous improvement of systems that promote the well-being of children. Our agency seeks to find loving, safe, and secure families for children in other countries who are in need of families. International adoption can be a challenging process for adoptive families. Our experienced and compassionate staff is dedicated to providing information and support to families to assist them through this process. We provide:
- Consultation service to help families determine which country program is the best choice for their circumstances
- Home Study specific to the country
- Training and preparation
- Guidance in considering a child referred for adoption
- Post placement support
IAAME Hague Accreditation
Adoptions Together is honored to have received Hague Accreditation from Intercountry Adoption Accreditation and Approval (IAAME) valid until January 24, 2026. Our Hague Accreditation reflects our devotion and compliance to high ethical standards of practice.
The Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption is an international treaty that provides protections for children that are adopted internationally. The U.S., through the Universal Accreditation Act, applies those same protections to adoptions from countries that are not a part of the Hague Convention. Hague accreditation authorizes our agency to provide home studies and post placement services under the Hague Convention and under the Universal Accreditation Act.
Adoptions Together Placement Data
Upon request, we will provide you with the following information:
- The number of its adoption placements per year for the prior three calendar years, and the number and percentage of those placements that remain intact, are disrupted, or have been dissolved as of the time the information is provided.
- The number of parents who apply to adopt on a yearly basis, based on data for the prior three calendar years.
- The number of children eligible for adoption and awaiting an adoptive placement referral through Adoptions Together.
Click here to request this information and we will reply within 1 business day.
For more information, download our information packet on international adoption services.
Please call us at 301-439-2900 if you have any questions about international adoption or our international adoption support services. You can also complete our contact form to receive additional information.