Adoption Home Study – Washington D.C.
What is a Home Study?
Prospective adoptive parents must complete a home study in order to begin their journey into adoption. This home study is a legal requirement for adoption in Washington DC, be it domestic or private. International adoption also requires the completion of a home study and adoption preparation training.
This vital first step in the adoption process will be performed by a social worker specially trained to guide you and your family through the adoption process. Through a series of interviews, with at least one taking place in your home, the home study social worker will perform an assessment of your home environment, interpersonal relationships, financial status, health and wellness, and other pertinent areas.
Your home study is a collaborative and educational process that will help you define your expectations about parenting through adoption. Through your home study in Washington D.C., you will be able to determine if adoption is right for your family. The home study will also provide you with the information you need to continue the adoption process and find a match through our agency, on your own, or through another agency.
Do I Have To Use Your Placement Services?
We are committed to uniting prospective parents with children through adoption, and we recognize that the process does not always happen within our agency. We offer our home study services to any individual or family in Washington D.C. interested in adopting a child – or siblings – even if you plan to work with another adoption agency.
Our home study services include:
- Post Placement Reports
- Interstate Compact Assistance
- Adoption Consultation
- Birthparent Counseling and Support
- Assistance to Adopters from other States
- Tracking Home Study and Clearance Update Requirements
- Managing Annual Updates and More for Birth Parents
- Co-Parent/Second Parent Adoption
- Virginia Parental Placements
- Dossier Assistance for International Adopters
- Interim Care for Infants during the Legal At-Risk Period
Why Choose Adoptions Together?
Adoptions Together has been performing home studies for families in Washington DC since 1990. Our professional staff has helped thousands of families begin their journey in adoption, choosing us with confidence because:
- 95% of our home study clients rank our document instructions as outstanding or good.
- 90% of our home study clients rank our phone and email communications as outstanding or good.
- We have been performing high-quality adoption home studies for 20 years.
- Our staff and home study social workers are competent, knowledgeable, and respectful. They also are experienced in working with lawyers, other adoption agencies, and government officials.
- We track your home study and clearance requirements to ensure they do not expire.
- You can obtain all required pre/post placement training through our agency if desired.
- We are Hague accredited.
- Your involvement with our agency can extend well beyond the home study…we offer ongoing education and support as your family’s needs evolve.
If you are considering adoption, then we encourage you to begin the adoption home study process in Washington D.C. as soon as possible. The adoption home study is a vital step because you must have an approved home study before you can move forward with the adoption process.
For more information on starting an adoption home study in Washington DC,
please contact us today at 301-439-2900.