Adoptions Together hosts undergraduate and graduate interns at locations in the Baltimore/Washington area. Adoptions Together undergraduate interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in our development, home study, and older child adoption programs. MSW interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in our infant adoption program, post-adopt support and counseling services for birth families, adoptive families, and children.
Who Should Apply:
- Family Science Internships: Undergraduate students in Family Science or a closely related program.
- Social Work Internships (Domestic Infant Program and Counseling Program): Second year MSW students.
- Video Production Internship: 3rd or 4th year Bachelor’s level college student majoring in Film, Communication, Marketing, or a related area of study.
All internships are currently hybrid. Family Science internships are hosted in our Baltimore, Maryland and Calverton, Maryland offices. Social Work internships are hosted in our Calverton, Maryland and Washington, DC offices.
How to Apply:
Applicants will need to apply via our applicant portal providing a cover letter and resume. Cover letters should describe your background, experience, interest in social work, and should specify which semester you would like to complete the internship.
Adoptions Together is an equal opportunity employer. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted during the time periods listed below:
We are accepting applications for academic year 2022-2023 undergraduate internships through April 30, 2022.
Masters Level Internships:
We are accepting applications for academic year 2022-2023 second year MSW internships through April 30, 2022.
Adoptions Together only offers institutional credit internships which are unpaid.
- Candidates must have an interest in social work and the wellbeing of families.
- At minimum, should be a student at a college/university in good standing in a MSW, Family Science, or another program directly related to the proposed internship.
- Be open to and maintain respect for the clients of Adoptions Together and FamilyWorks Together, understanding that our clients come from various life circumstances, racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious faiths. That many of our clients are members of the LGBTQ community.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be proficient in technology usage, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Have strong organization and time management skills.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality of client information.
Selection and Interviews:
After the application period has closed, HR will conduct a review of all applications received. Supervisors will conduct interviews with finalists. Supervisors also will make the final hiring decision.