Every Child. Every Family. Every Step of the Way.
MissionAdoptions Together builds healthy lifelong family connections for every child and advocates for continuous improvement of systems that promote the well being of children.
VisionEvery child will have lifelong connections to a caring, nurturing family.
Children and Families
- The welfare of the children who need our help comes first.
- Children need to maintain connections with their birth families and cultures even when they cannot be safely raised in their birth families.
- Openness and honesty is healthy for children and families.
- The ability to be a good parent does not depend upon wealth, race, religion, marital status, sexual preference or gender expression.
- Education, support, and guidance from qualified professionals before, during and after placement help children and their families succeed.
Lifelong Commitment and Connection
- Permanency in a healthy family is best for children.
- Creating, strengthening, and sustaining healthy relationships is essential for achieving permanency.
- Parents should have the option to choose adoption when they believe it is best for their children.
- Foster care should be a temporary safe haven for children awaiting permanency.
- Stays in foster care should be as short as possible.
- The first foster care placement should be the last foster care placement.
- Commitment to mission and awareness of guiding principles are necessary for every staff member, contractor, and volunteer.
- Good financial health is required to accomplish our mission.
- Continuous improvement of programs and services requires knowledgeable, experienced, and creative child welfare professionals and staff.
- Racial, cultural, ethnic, and religious diversity within our staff and contractors is essential for good decision-making.
- Direct and honest communication is the best way to prevent and resolve conflict.