Building a family through adoption can be an exciting, emotional, and sometimes complicated process. At Adoptions Together, we take a wellness approach and believe that adoption is a life-changing event with long-term implications. Families who are well-informed and educated are better prepared to provide a home that is loving, stable, and supportive. We also provide professionals in the field with quality training and consulting services to support them in their work. Using established best practices, we strive to keep children and families resilient and strong. Adoption education plays a critical role in ensuring that adoptive families experience success.
Adoption Education Services
Adoption education services are provided to families and professionals by highly qualified and experienced professionals with expertise in adoption-related issues. Specialized trainings on a wide variety of topics are offered to meet the unique needs of each family before, during, and after placement. In-person classes and services are available throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC for both parents and professionals. Families and professionals can also take advantage of convenient and cost-effective on-demand webinars.
Our adoption education programs include:
- Adoption Preparation Classes
- Post-Adoption Seminars for Adoptive Families
- Specialized Seminars on Domestic and International Adoption
- Online and On-Demand Adoption and Parent Education Courses
- Support Groups for Parents, Children and Families
- Educational Conferences for Parents and Professionals
- Professional Development Trainings
- Consultations for professionals (e-mail and telephone)