Adoption Home Study – Maryland
What is a Home Study?
An adoption home study in Maryland is the first and most important step for prospective adoptive parents interested in domestic, international, or private adoption. The home study is a legal requirement in Maryland (for every adoption) as well as USCIS (for international adoption*).
The adoption home study is a complete assessment of your family as well as who you are as an individual. Information collected will help to assess your home environment, interpersonal relationships, financial status, health and wellness, and other pertinent areas.
The Maryland adoption home study is designed to be a collaborative and educational process. A social worker will help you define your expectations about parenting through adoption. In the end, the home study will help you, and our agency, determine if adoption is right for you. With the help of trained our home study social workers, you will receive the information necessary to help you find a match through our adoption agency, on your own, or through another agency.
Do I Have To Use Your Placement Services?
Prospective adoptive parents are not required to utilize the placement services of Adoptions Together if they are interested in adoption. We provide adoption home study services in Maryland to families seeking private adoption as well as for those families pursuing domestic or international adoption through other means.
Adoptive parents in Maryland adopting on their own or through other agencies may still wish to benefit from our Home Study Plus services, which include:
- Post Placement Reports
- Interstate Compact Assistance
- Adoption Consultations
- Birthparent Counseling and Support
- Assistance to Adopters from other States
- Tracking Home Study and Clearance Update Requirements
- Managing Annual Updates and More for Birthparents
- Co-Parent/Second Parent Adoption
- Maryland Parental Placements
- Dossier Assistance for International Adopters
- Interim Care for Infants during the Legal At-Risk Period
Why Choose Adoptions Together?
Adoptions Together has been performing home studies for families in Maryland since 1990. Our professional staff has helped thousands of families begin their journey in adoption, choosing us with confidence because:
- 95% of our home study clients rank our document instructions as outstanding or good.
- 90% of our home study clients rank our phone and email communications as outstanding or good.
- We have been performing high-quality adoption home studies for 20 years.
- Our staff and home study social workers are competent, knowledgeable, and respectful. They also are experienced in working with lawyers, other adoption agencies, and government officials.
- We track your home study and clearance requirements to ensure they do not expire.
- You can obtain all required pre/post placement training through our agency if desired.
- We are Hague accredited.
- Your involvement with our agency can extend well beyond the home study…we offer ongoing education and support as your family’s needs evolve.
If you are considering adoption, then we encourage you to begin the adoption home study process in Maryland as soon as possible. The adoption home study is a vital step because you must have an approved home study before you can move forward with the adoption process.
For more information on starting an adoption home study in Maryland,
please contact us today at 301-439-2900.
*Please note that our agency is not able to provide a home study for a family adopting a child from Russia or Azerbaijan through another agency.